It's The Season For Christmas Cakes
Christmas Cakes Christmas cakes are a big hit during the Christmas season. Nothing beats the smell of homemade baked goods in the oven. These cakes can be decorated to your liking with candies, holiday ribbons, or trees. All are...
Christmas cakes are a big hit during the Christmas season. Nothing beats the smell of homemade baked goods in the oven. These cakes can be decorated to your liking with candies, holiday ribbons, or trees. All are very simple to prepare. You don't have to be a pro.
- 2- 8 oz. containers candied cherries
- 1- 8oz. container candied mixed citrus peel
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup of pitted and chopped dates
- 2- 2.25 oz. packages blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a bowl, blend together cherries, citrus peel, raisins, currants, dates, and almonds.
- Stir in brandy and let sit at least 2 hours.
- Cover soaked fruit with 1/2 cup flour.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8x3 in. loaf pan and line with parchment paper, and grease a second time.
- In another bowl, combine together the 2 cups flour, baking soda, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter.
- Slowly blend in brown sugar and eggs.
- Mix the molasses and apple juice together.
- Beat into butter mixture alternately with flour mixture, making 4 dry and 3 liquid additions.
- Fold in the floured fruit.
- Pour batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan, and lift off parchment paper.
- Allow cake to cool completely, then wrap with waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.
Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4- 8oz. packages softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- A few drops of red food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Add the cookie crumbs and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl. Pour the melted butter into the mixture while stirring until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Blend the cream cheese, flour, and salt in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy and smooth. Add the 1 3/4 cup sugar, sour cream, and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla and beat until well blended. Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Evenly divide the mixture into two bowls. In one bowl, stir in 1 tsp. of vanilla. In the other bowl, add the peppermint extract and the red food coloring and stir until the batter is a reddish-pink color. Add more coloring if desired. Alternate layers of 1 cup each of the white and pink onto the cooled crust until all the filling is used.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is mostly set. The center will be a little jiggly when the pan is shaken and the edges will be slightly puffed, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed candies evenly over the cheesecake and gently press into the top. Allow to completely cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Loosely cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
White Chocolate Almond Cake
Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1- 16 oz. package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1- 8oz. container sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1- 12 oz. package white chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered toasted almonds
- Vanilla Butter cream Frosting
- Spoon the batter evenly into 3- 8 inch floured and greased square pans. Bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate chip in the microwave at high for 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir until smooth, and pour a 1/4-inch layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from baking sheet, and chop.
- Spread Vanilla Buttercream Frosting between the layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Press chopped white chocolate mixture into top and sides of cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here is just a sample of of some delicious Christmas cakes for your Christmas gatherings. For more great recipes or other information, contact us.