How to Make Those Deep Fried Oreos You Enjoyed At the Fair!
Deep Fried Oreo Cut in Half It’s the season of Fall festivals and county fairs! You and your family relish time spent together experiencing the thrill of the rides, fun games, clown shows, and squealing pig races. Among the...
It’s the season of Fall festivals and county fairs! You and your family relish time spent together experiencing the thrill of the rides, fun games, clown shows, and squealing pig races. Among the many other activities you enjoy are, of course, those special yummy foods that one usually doesn’t get to enjoy any other time of the year. The good news is it’s quite easy to make some of those treats at home!
Spend the next weekend in with the kids (or the kid in you!) learning how to deep fry oreos! This carnival favorite is perfect while playing games or during movie time. And you’ll love how simple and fun they are to prepare! Here’s how:
Deep Fried Oreos
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying one large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1 package Oreos® (18 ounce)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Add the pancake mix and stir until no dry lumps remain.
- Dip cookies in the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil.
- To avoid overcrowding in the deep fryer, add only 4 - 5 at a time. Cook until cookies are golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on platter or cookie sheet lined with paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar (if desired) before serving.
It’s that simple! If you only need enough for one or two people just half the recipe. And as always, enjoy in moderation.
We can’t monitor your diet but we CAN help you monitor your cookware needs. Contact us for those kitchen essentials that make it a joy to prepare your favorite carnival treats at home!