How to Assemble a Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
Illustration It's that time of year again when you need to begin thinking about your holiday menu. A crown roast of pork makes a perfect holiday entree for your Christmas or New Years gatherings. Here is a simple way how...
It's that time of year again when you need to begin thinking about your holiday menu. A crown roast of pork makes a perfect holiday entree for your Christmas or New Years gatherings. Here is a simple way how to assemble a roast.
Crown Roast of Pork
- Whole pork loin that is tied into a circular crown
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 bacon strips
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and place the oven rack in the bottom portion of the oven.
- Prepare your stuffing and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper and cover the outer fat of the crown pork loin with the flour mixture.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in the frying pan until crispy.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and place back into the frying pan with the back fat and mix together. Using a brush coat the outside bone of the pork with the crumbled bacon and fat mixture.
- Place roast with the bone tips up, in a shallow roasting pan. Fill the center of the crown with the stuffing.
- Place aluminum foil over the stuffing to prevent from drying out.
- Small squares of aluminum foil should also be put on each of the bone tips to prevent burning.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 10 minutes, at 450 degrees F.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F and continue to roast until the internal temperature of the roast reaches between 140 and 145 degrees F which should take about 2 1/2 hours. (About 20 to 25 minutes per pound.)
- Turn roasting pan midway through cooking time. Remove foil the last 15 minutes of cooking time to allow them to brown a bit.
This crown roast will truly make a wonderful holiday meal. Just remember a crown roast is not usually available at your local store and should be ordered in advanced from a butcher. For more great recipes or take a look at our many products available, contact us.