5 Christmas Drinks to Rule Them All
Illustration Enjoying the holidays don't always require a good, stiff drink, but sometimes it helps. So this Christmas don't just settle for the run-of-the-mill beer or wine, mix things up and grab a mixer. A good cocktail may just...
Enjoying the holidays don't always require a good, stiff drink, but sometimes it helps. So this Christmas don't just settle for the run-of-the-mill beer or wine, mix things up and grab a mixer. A good cocktail may just be what the doctor ordered.
Here are some Christmas drinks spice up your celebration.
Of course it's first, what could be more Christmas? (although, if you don't like it, see our post on eggnog substitutes). This recipe serves 6 happy people.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- Froth eggs in blender. Mix in sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Turn off mixer, add in whipping cream, milk, brandy, and rum. Chill.
- Serve with nutmeg on top and a cinnamon stick.
Hot Buttered Rum
Never had one? Think rum, but smoother and a bit more warm.
- 2 oz. rum
- cinnamon stick
- 1 pat butter
- 1 slice lemon peel
- Boiled water
- Put rum, cinnamon stick, and lemon peel in cup.
- Pour in boiled water. Place butter on top.
You don't have to be James Bond to enjoy a martini.
- 1 1/2 oz. raspberry vodka
- 1 oz. white creme de cacao
- Pour chilled ingredients into martini glass. No need to stir or shake.
For the "scotch man" in your family.
- 2 ounces blended Scotch whisky
- 1 ounce vermouth
- 1 tsp. absinthe (or Herbsaint; absinthe substitute)
- 1 dash Peychaud's bitters
- Mix all ingredients in mixer with cracked ice.
- Pour into cocktail glass and add garnish (your choice).
An interesting candy cane colored shot for when that party at Grandma's gets out of hand.
- 1 part grenadine syrup
- 1 part green creme de menthe
- 1 part peppermint schnapps
- Carefully pour grenadine first into a shot glass.
- Layer menthe on top.
- Add peppermint schnapps as a topper.
For more ways that Cilantro Cooks can make your Christmas easier, contact us for more information.